Friday, November 13, 2015

The Google Hang Out!

I really enjoyed our google hang out with Kevin Beaty. We heard him talk a lot about his work and how he "puts himself out there" to be hired. I like his go-getter attitude and how he takes the initiative to work on projects even though he does not get paid for them and he turns them into business for him. I enjoyed his persistence even though times may be hard. He told us about how he gets work; about sending letters to publishers and reporters to see if he can get one of them to hire him for work. Even though he sends many messages and letters he might only get one response and is able to work with them. From what he said he seemed like a very experienced photographer. You could see how he edits the photos in this little book he has of his projects and pictures.
I hope to imitate his attitude towards my passion project in that I want to be persistent and inform others of my project through social media so that others can view my website. I actually received an email from Weebly saying hat I had 47 people visit my site in the passed three days. This is because I used a # that was popular and people decided to visit the site. The google hangout inspired me to make my project succeed I want to have it in as many places that I can. I will use twitter to do this. I hope to reach a goal of having 200 visitors per week to see my sit, at least by the end of the year. I will post something on twitter about my site every other day to maximize the possible visitors. 
Thank you for reading my blog I hope you will continue to visit. :)
Here is the link to my site so that you can check it out as well:   http://aworldoftech.weebly.com/#/

No comments:

Post a Comment