Friday, August 28, 2015

Technology enables the disabled

What will my project be about? 
This is a difficult question. I must find a subject that will affect people in the community. How can technology affect those around us. Well instead of hitting the point that it is misused I am planning to possibly raise awareness for the disabled. We could use technology how to best benefit them. How? Creating gadgets that they could use in every day life that will make common tasks easier. Our thoughts and actions will evolve witht the project as it developes. I feel like just sitting here and telling you what we will do for the project is unrealistic. There might be something that we promise that may not be fulilled. Our project may be something that was planned on something that could change and end up doing something we did not expect. The beauty of the passion project is that as long as we follow our passion no matter how it turns out we tried our hardest. Just in the past two days I was planning on creating a website on my own that would raise awareness for the misuse of technology. Now I have created a partnership with Ryan. (He is in this Class If you want to check out his blog as well) in this project that changed the way my project will turn out completely. I still plan on creating a website yet now we are focusing on possibly creating a club that will colaberate with other organizations and help those that are disabled to function more easily. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you and Ryan formed a partnership this week, Gabe! With which organizations do you plan to collaborate? Did you check out the Diversity & Acceptance club meeting after school today? Could be a good venue for sharing your website since appreciation of those with disabilities is one facet of understanding diversity. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize about the late reply Sra. McNeilly but it looks like ther might be a change in the project. I will talk with you tomorrow in class.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to see what you guys come up with.

    ReplyDelete